Todd Fineberg was of counsel to Carlos Rodriguez & Associates (1994-2005), and participated in international transactional and trade matters, managed approximately 130 Harbor Maintenance Tax cases on behalf of exporter and freight forwarder clients in the Court of International Trade and U.S. Customs Service, and wrote and filed with Carlos Rodriguez amicus curiae briefs on behalf of exporter clients in the U.S. Supreme Court (1998) and Federal Circuit Court (1999).
He was an attorney with Stewart and Stewart, of Washington, D.C. (1988-1992), practicing international trade law, on behalf of U.S. corporations in antidumping and countervailing duty cases in Dept. of Commerce, ITC, and Court of International Trade; represented the Agribusiness Council in NAFTA legislation in Congress; wrote statements on NAFTA published in House Hearing Reports.
He received an A.B. degree in history from Cornell University, J.D. degree from Boston University Law School, and an LL.M. in international law from George Washington University Law School, (wrote master’s thesis on Airbus subsidies in international commerce; included studies in economics and international economics at G.W. School of Public and International Relations). He is a member of the bar in Ohio, California, the District of Columbia, and Maryland, as well as the U.S. Court of International Trade, and U.S. District Courts in the District of Columbia and Maryland, the U.S. Supreme Court, and the Federal Circuit Court. He is fluent in Spanish.
He was attorney of record representing parties in these reported cases:
- Smith Corona v. United States, 771 F. Supp. 389 (Ct. Int’l Trade 1991)
- Smith Corona v. United States, 796 F. Supp. 1532 (Ct. Int’l Trade 1992)
- Brother Industries (U.S.A) v. United States, 801 F. Supp. 751 (Ct. Int’l Trade 1992)
- Brother Industries (U.S.A) v. United States, 787 F. Supp 1454 (Ct. Int’l Trade 1992)
- Brother Industries (U.S.A) v. United States, 771 F. Supp. 374 (Ct. Int’l Trade 1992)
- Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd., et al v. United States, 787 F. Supp. 1461 (Ct. Int’l Trade 1992)
- Nakajima All Co., Ltd. v. United States, 769 F. Supp. 374 (Ct. Int’l Trade 1992).
- United States v. United States Shoe Corp., 523 U.S. 360 (1998)—Amicus curiae brief filed by Todd Fineberg and Carlos Rodriguez on behalf of 35 exporter clients of Carlos Rodriguez & Associates, opposing the Harbor Maintenance Tax.
- Stone Container Corp. v. United States (Federal Circuit Court, 2000) –filed amicus curiae brief by Todd Fineberg and Carlos Rodriguez on behalf of approximately 35 exporters, opposing Harbor Maintenance Tax.